The greatest value of membership in HRLA is the network of HR professionals you will meet. Our members exchange information and share resources that are invaluable to a career in Human Resources. You will be able to establish a presence and visibility that will serve to enhance your growth in the field.
Member Benefits HRLA membership includes:
• Availability of local professional development opportunities to improve your HR competency
• Access to current best practices to make your organization more efficient, increase employee commitment, and help line managers carry out business strategy
• Availability of up-to-date information on pending legislation that may impact your company’s operations
• Opportunity to develop leadership skills by taking on a volunteer leadership role
• Development of a reputation and credentials in the HR field through your involvement with a local chapter
Other benefits of our diverse programs and superior professional development opportunities:
• Networking with other HR professionals and companies
• Monthly programs of significance to your HR career at membership pricing
• PHR/SPHR certification classes and HRCI-approved meeting recertification credits for most of our meetings
SHRM-SCP and SHRM-CP certification classes and SHRM-approved meeting recertification credits for most of our meetings
• Legislative presentations provided by knowledgeable labor attorneys
• Informative newsletter including legislative update
• Valuable HRLA website with HR resources, membership directory, and links to SHRM
• Membership in the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT — attend events at member rates
• Opportunity to attend Greater Norwich Area Chamber of Commerce events at member rates
Professional Membership is limited to individuals meeting one or more of the following criteria:
• Individuals engaged in the HR profession at the exempt level for at least three years
• Individuals certified by the HR Certification Institute (PHR, SPHR, or GPHR) or SHRM Certified (SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP)
• Faculty members holding an assistant, associate or full professor rank in HR Management at an accredited college or university and have at least 3 years experience teaching at this level
• Full time consultants with at least 3 years of experience in the field of Human Resource Management
• Individuals who work in a sales capacity for HR-related products and hold a SHRM national membership
• Full time attorneys with at least three years experience in counseling and advising clients on matters relating to the HR profession
Professional Members may vote and hold office in the chapter.
Please note that our membership year runs from Jan. 1st through Dec. 31st. Members joining mid-year will maintain member status through Dec. 31st of that year. Members joining in Oct. through Dec. of any year will maintain member status through Dec. 31st of the following year.
Annual Membership Fee… $70
Handful of Business Cards… $6
Establishing contacts in the Human Resources field that will last a lifetime… priceless.
There are some things money can’t buy… but an HRLA membership can!