baker_dy Comments Off on HR Manager
Website Mitchell College
Mitchell College is seeking an experienced, self-directed and highly motivated HR Manager who will administer and manage all aspects of the Human Resource functions for the College. This involves overseeing and advising on the following: searches/recruitment, employee/labor relations and HR legal matters, benefits negotiations/administration and vendor relations, decisions on compensation and the FLSA, collective bargaining, policy and procedure creation/interpretation, HR compliance (audit, ACA, retirement plans, benefit annual notifications, etc…), performance management and employee recognition programs. Tasks will also include the following: data, position/appointment and HRIS maintenance, payroll oversight, conducting employee orientations, reporting, employee training and organizational development. S/he will act as a liaison between various campus units and vendors as needed and will be listed as a Title IV Investigator of the College.
Required Education and Experience:
· BA/BS degree in human resources or business required (HR Certification is preferred).
· 3 years of supervisory experience.
· 5 or more years of broad based human resources experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from employees, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
· Ability to maintain databases, perform word processing and develop and maintain spreadsheets in the College’s software programs.
· Excellent written and communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse population.
As a small liberal arts college, Mitchell developed its distinct educational approach over almost 80 years, blending a tradition of mentoring with an expertise in teaching diverse learning styles to create a highly individualized model that benefits all students. Mitchell is committed to the broader community through building strong, creative and cooperative partnerships. Located on a beautiful waterfront campus in historic New London, it is also home to championship NCAA Division III athletics and the Duquès Academic Success Center which includes the renowned Bentsen Learning Center.
This is a full-time, FLSA exempt level position with excellent College benefits. For full candidate consideration, please send a cover letter, your CV/resume and 3 references (contact information or letters) by March 2, 2018 to email@example.com. The application review process may commence immediately upon receipt of your letter of interest, though references will not be contacted until the applicant has been notified. For further information regarding our application procedures, you may visit http://mitchell.edu/careers/.