wynn Comments Off on Human Resources Manager
Manager, Human Resources
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
Act as a catalyst and promoter, reinforcing the following service standards:
We always act in the best interest of our members.
We own, respond, and immediately resolve member questions/concerns.
We look for ways to innovate and improve the member experience.
We continuously seek the opportunity to learn and grow.
We maintain the highest degree of professionalism in appearance, language and behavior.
We protect the privacy and confidentiality of all information.
The HR Manager plans, directs and coordinates all facets of the HR function. Develop, implement and maintain human resource policies and procedures; support department managers and employees regarding personnel issues and maintain personnel records in accordance with organizational and regulatory requirement. Oversees recruiting, interviewing, hiring of employees and contractors. Consult with top management on strategy workforce planning and serve as the organizational link between management and employees. Oversees payroll processing to maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Responsible for government reporting compliance and administering all employee benefit plans. The HR Manager will work with third parties and senior management to accomplish these goals.
· Implements human resource strategies by establishing department accountabilities for: talent acquisition, interviewing, preparing job offers, creating and maintaining job descriptions, coordinating and overseeing the onboarding process, conducting new employee orientation, review of compensation, performance appraisal process, and retaining employees.
· Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan. Conducts periodic surveys; preparing budgets; monitoring; recommending; and implementing pay revisions and bonus plans to ensure compliance and maintain equity within the organization.
· Prepare, maintains and updates the Employee Handbook annually or more often as needed to maintain federal and legal compliance.
· Consults legal counsel to ensure that HR policies comply with federal and state laws. Works closely with internal audit and external auditors to ensure the organization is in compliance with regulation, law and generally accepted HR principles.
· Conducts investigations and represents the organization at legal hearings.
· Develops and maintains affirmative action program and files appropriate documents bi-annually; files EEO-1 annually; files VETS reports on an annual basis; maintains all records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
· Develops and maintains an online human resources information system that meets top management informational needs.
· Maintains records of benefit plan participation such as insurance, pension, and 401K plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations and employee statistics for government reporting.
· Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee related issues.
· Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation. Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind terminations.
· Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
· Manages and administers payroll processes.
· Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence and employee assistance. Obtain and evaluate contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on the organization’s benefit programs.
· Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carriers. Actively participates on the organization’s Safety Committee to maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
· Contracts with outside vendors for services such as temporary staffing and talent acquisition.
· Writes and delivers presentation to executive management and Board of Directors regarding human resources policies and practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Proven working experience as an HR Manager or other HR Executive
· People oriented and results driven
· Demonstrable experience with human resource metrics
· Knowledge of HR systems and databases
· Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
· Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
· Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relations at all levels of the organization
· In depth knowledge of labor laws and HR best practices
· Monitoring/assessing performance
· Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university plus 4-5 years of work related experience.