Comments Off on Employee & Labor Relations Manager
Website Hartford HealthCare
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The Employee & Labor Relations Manager will have primary responsibility for the management of employee and labor relations ensuring compliance for employee programs for the East Region (Backus Hospital and Windham Hospital). You will ensure that employee and labor relations activities are in accordance with established guidelines, union contracts and that administrative practices are in accordance with legal requirements. You will develop, interpret, manage and recommend policies, practices, and courses of action based on workforce trends. Additionally, you will support strategic planning for effective labor relations that are aligned with the objectives for the East Region.
• Formulate and recommend program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations. Track and analyze trends, recommend education, communication, and / or training to mitigate risk to the organization.
• Oversee the investigation process in such areas as working conditions, disciplinary actions, policy violations and employee and applicant appeals and complaints. Provide guidance to management and makes recommendations for problem resolution.
• Provide coaching, recommend education and training initiatives in an effort to upgrade managerial skills and capabilities related to employee and labor relations.
• Oversee the dispute resolution process involving employees, management, unions, legal counsel, government agencies, other firms, etc. Direct and advise managers to ensure compliance with the corrective action process.
• Partner with legal counsel to mitigate organization risk. Analyze and advise on contractual requirements. Conduct analyses and provide input in support of bargaining objectives, arbitration cases, audits (Joint Commission, DPH) and other legal proceedings.
• Provide input on hiring, promotion, termination, disciplinary and commendatory actions as appropriate. Includes collaborating with CoE partners on role development/job evaluations, compensation actions, talent acquisition, and benefits administration.
• Interpret and oversee collective bargaining agreements including grievances, arbitration, wages/salaries, employee welfare, and Union practices. Ensure HHC is in compliance with the collective bargaining agreements.
• Support the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements. Advise management on issues regarding union-management relations which can impact contract negotiations.
• Partner with management to lead monthly labor management meetings.
• Build and maintain relationships with elected union officials and as appropriate external Union leadership.
• Support local administration of organization programs such as bonus programs, policy changes and implementation while understanding and providing feedback to leadership on labor impact.
• Lead and support special projects to improve employee and labor relations for the organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management or closely related field with equivalent training and experience with a MBA/MA or Advanced Degree in Organizational Development preferred
• Minimum of seven experience in human resources, six of which must have been in a responsible employee and labor relations role.
• Experience in HealthCare/Hospital work environments
• Mastery of labor relations needs and challenges as related to a company’s collective bargaining agreement and business strategy.
• Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of employee and labor relations principles, best practices, labor regulations, and unions.
• Excellent verbal and written communications and strong interpersonal communications.
• Must be self-directed and motivated. Work with minimal supervision and exercises common sense and strong independent judgment to problem-solve. Has the ability to identify core issues and resolve them via effectively utilizing available resources.
• Consistently works with integrity to develop strong trusting relationships and handle confidential information with discretion.
• Possesses a proactive approach to accomplishing work, has timely follow up, and demonstrates the flexibility to meet business needs with a focus on achieving results.
• Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally with employees, members of the HR team, leadership and in group presentations and meetings.
• Maintains a calm and logical demeanor when faced with challenging employees or situations.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees– we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
To apply for this job please visit www.hhccareers.org.
Comments Off on President’s Announcement August 2022 RE: Sept 1 Volunteer Opportunity
Comments Off on Scholarship Winners!
Comments Off on HRLA Scholarship Applications now open – Apply by 10/31/23!
Comments Off on Registration is Open for the 2023 Tri-State SHRM Conference – Join us April 23rd-25th at the Mohegan Sun!
Comments Off on 2022 Summer Social
Aug 03, 2022 Comments Off on President’s Announcement August 2022 RE: Sept 1 Volunteer Opportunity
Jan 08, 2024 Comments Off on Scholarship Winners!
Sep 21, 2023 Comments Off on HRLA Scholarship Applications now open – Apply by 10/31/23!
Nov 28, 2022 Comments Off on Registration is Open for the 2023 Tri-State SHRM Conference – Join us April 23rd-25th at the Mohegan Sun!
Sep 07, 2022 Comments Off on 2022 Summer Social
Want to see your logo here? Visit our Sponsorship Page to learn how!