Comments Off on Human Resources Generalist 1
State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services
Date Opened: 10/28/2023 12:00:00 AM
Salary: $70,417 – $96,020/year
Job Type: Open to the Public
Close Date: 11/6/2023 11:59:00 PM
Click the link to apply: https://www.jobapscloud.com/CT/sup/bulpreview.asp?b=&R1=231026&R2=6163MP&R3=001
The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Small Agency Resource Team (SmART) is recruiting for multiple Human Resources Generalist 1 positions to join our team, a team dedicated to providing a broad range of services to multiple state agencies, while promoting work environments characterized by fair, equitable, ethical, open communications, personal accountability, trust, and mutual respect.
DISCOVER THE OPPORTUNITY TO
– Prepare and maintain human resources records and transactions for employees to include processing positions, new hires, reclassifications, seniority, and salary calculations and adjustments
– Assist with the recruitment process from the initial process of establishing and assessing appropriate job classifications, processing the request through the agency’s internal procedures, CORE-CT and JobAps, adhering to the state’s reemployment and SEBAC guidelines, interviewing, selection and onboarding of applicants
– Follow and apply equal employment opportunity principles working with the agency’s Equal Employment Opportunity staff to meet the agency’s affirmative action goals
– Counsel and advise employees on matters relating to employment, career development, transfer and separations
– Monday – Friday
– Full-time (40 hours per week with flexible work hours)
– First shift
– Location: Our office is in the State of Connecticut office building, which is centrally located in Hartford, CT, alongside the Connecticut River with walkable access to museums, a science center, and great restaurants.
– Hybrid work environment (combination of on-site and remote work)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of professional experience in human resources management or equal employment opportunity/affirmative action or labor relations management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
– College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
– A Master’s degree in human resources management, labor relations, business administration, public administration or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
– Experience in the field of Human Resources or Labor Relations
– Experience working in Human Resources or Labor Relations within a union environment
– Experience interpreting and advising on statutes, regulations, laws or policies
– Experience maintaining employee data or payroll data using a Human Resources Information System
– Experience recruiting using an Applicant Tracking System
– Experience meeting deadlines against competing priorities
– Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
– Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobapscloud.com.
Comments Off on President’s Announcement August 2022 RE: Sept 1 Volunteer Opportunity
Comments Off on HRLA Scholarship Applications now open – Apply by 10/31/23!
Comments Off on Registration is Open for the 2023 Tri-State SHRM Conference – Join us April 23rd-25th at the Mohegan Sun!
Comments Off on 2022 Summer Social
Aug 03, 2022 Comments Off on President’s Announcement August 2022 RE: Sept 1 Volunteer Opportunity
Sep 21, 2023 Comments Off on HRLA Scholarship Applications now open – Apply by 10/31/23!
Nov 28, 2022 Comments Off on Registration is Open for the 2023 Tri-State SHRM Conference – Join us April 23rd-25th at the Mohegan Sun!
Sep 07, 2022 Comments Off on 2022 Summer Social
Want to see your logo here? Visit our Sponsorship Page (CLICK LINK) to learn how!